The first services of the Church of the Nazarene in Brampton were held in September of 1952 under the leadership of Rev. George Anstey in the Orange Hall, which stood on the site of what is now the downtown branch of the library on Queen Street East. In 1971, the present one acre site was purchased in a yet unbuilt Madoc subdivision. During the building operations, services were held for a year in nearby schools. Dedication of the new building took place in October 1972. In 1975 the Happy Life Childcare Centre was opened, and a 2 storey education unit was added in 1977. In 1989 the present sanctuary was completed and dedicated.
Our church ministry has grown and diversified over the years. We have added a Spanish-speaking congregation. The Brampton Church of the Nazarene continues to work to be a vital part of the spiritual and social life of the city. We give thanks to God for His every blessing and evidence of His guidance. As we continue in years to come, our prayer is that we are a beacon of spiritual hope and provide a welcoming atmosphere for all those who choose to join our services, Bible studies and other events.
Rev. Ann Hallyburton